Smarter Security, the intelligent entrance controls company, today announced year-end results for 2018, including a 74 percent year-over-year revenue growth, and a 2X increase in annual sales for its Door Detective® tailgate detection solution. The company also announced new executive team hires and the opening of its New York showroom and offices, underscoring the growing demand for cutting-edge entrance control and building security solutions with elegant aesthetics and accessibility.
Smarter Security’s Fastlane® brand of intelligent optical turnstiles and speed gates are favored by architects for combining depth of functionality with extensive customization options. The turnstiles are installed in thousands of iconic building lobbies, government buildings, corporate campuses and universities around the world.
“2018 was a record year for Smarter Security, paving the way for continued growth and expansion in 2019,” said Jeff Brown, CEO. “As security threats become more pervasive and sophisticated, entrance control solutions must become more intelligent and adaptive. With our expanded team, new showroom and growing product portfolio, we’re raising the bar for user experience and security, combining cutting-edge innovation and craftsmanship with products that customers trust and love.”
Smarter Security will celebrate its new flagship showroom on Fifth Avenue in New York with a grand opening celebration on Thursday, March 7 from 3-7pm ET. New York-area architects, engineers, system integrators, security consultants and facilities managers are invited to attend.
An abbreviated list of Smarter Security accomplishments in 2018 includes:
- Significant customer wins in high tech, federal and state government, financial services and insurance, distribution centers, higher education and multi-tenant buildings.
- New product innovations including:
- Fastlane Glassgate 155 turnstiles, with lane-width options up to 47.25” that integrate seamlessly with access control, CCTV and building management systems; feature intelligent Fastlane optical technology that identifies tailgaters as close as ¼ inch; distinguish between people and objects to minimize nuisance alarms; and process unsurpassed throughputs of up to one person per second;
- Pressure Sensor Tops for Fastlane turnstiles that detect people climbing to avoid detection while ignoring typical vibrations from day-to-day use;
- Entrance Control Integrations with leading manufacturers of biometric reader technologies and weapons detection systems to combat constantly evolving and escalating threats.
- New management hires include Melanie Meyer Sommer, vice president of marketing, who brings over 20 years of marketing and communications experience from companies including RSA, EMC, Dell, Spanning, SailPoint, Sun Microsystems and IBM. Melanie’s passion for brand building and digital marketing will help drive awareness and visibility for Smarter Security’s award-winning technology, combining intelligent entrance control with high-end design aesthetics.
“I’m thrilled to join such a talented team with an industry leader, and to expand go-to-market and thought leadership efforts that will strengthen our relationships with leading system integrators, consultants and physical security partners throughout the industry,” said Sommer.
To learn more about Smarter Security’s intelligent turnstiles and entrance control solutions, visit: https://smartersecurity.com/.